ANIMALS IN NEED PHOTO DAY
Interested in volunteering at my next photo day with Animals In Need? You’re in the right place! Volunteer photo days are an important chance for rescue dogs to meet new faces, stretch their legs, and get brand new photos for their adoption profiles! You don’t need to have a camera or take any photos (leave that to me!), you just need a love of dogs, a pair of sturdy shoes, and a couple of hours spare at the weekend.
If you’d like to lend me a hand at the next event, just choose your preferred time slot and complete the booking form below – I can’t wait to meet you!
A FEW IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW FIRST
- You must be over 16 to walk a dog (unfortunately children under 16 will not be able to walk with the dogs, even if you are over 16).
- While some dogs can be walked together, most of them must be/prefer to be walked alone, so I can’t guarantee that you can walk dogs with a friend at the same time (unless you share one dog).
- I can’t guarantee that you can walk a specific dog (it may even change on the day), however if you have a preference of size of dog then let me know and I’ll do my best to match you to a suitable dog
- You should aim to arrive promptly at the shelter to pick up your dog at your chosen time slot – the walk up to the park is about 10 mins, so please make sure you’ve got enough time to get there and back. I usually recommend at least an hour, but you’re welcome to take your dog for a longer walk if you like! Just remember that some dogs do not get on well with other dogs/animals, to be sure to give them plenty of space when out walking
- You will need to collect the dog from/return them to: Animals in Need, Pine Tree Farm, London Road, Little Irchester, Northamptonshire, NN8 2EH
GETTING TO THE PARK
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need any experience with dogs?
Experience with dogs e.g. if you own a dog or work/volunteer with dogs is always a plus, but not essential! As long as you feel comfortable and confident walking a dog in a public space, that’s totally fine. If you think you might need a hand, you’re welcome to bring a friend (as long as they’re over the age of 16).
What do I need to do on the day?
Arrive promptly at Animals In Need for your chosen time slot and head up to the kennels, where you’ll be able to pick up your dog. Walk them up to Irchester Country Park (follow the dotted route above) and meet me near the cafe – look out for the curly hair and the camera! When it comes to the shoot itself, all you need to do is hold the dog’s lead and follow my guidance (don’t worry, I’ll go easy on you!). When we’re done, you’re welcome to take your dog for a longer walk, or head straight back to the sanctuary.
Can I bring my child with me?
Unfortunately children under 16 will not be able to walk with the dogs, even if you are over 16. If your children are over the age of 16, then they’re welcome to tag along.
Can I walk a specific dog?
If you would like to request a smaller or larger dog, please let me know. We’ll do our best to match you to a dog that suits your needs, but I can’t guarantee that you’ll be able to walk a specific dog, and the schedule is subject to change (depending on which dogs are available on the day).
What happens if it rains on the day?
We get wet! Seriously though, if rain is light, we’ll crack on. However, if the rain is heavy or persistent, we may have to cancel. I’ll contact you on the phone number you provide to let you know of any changes.
What if I need to cancel my slot?
Please do your best to make sure you can commit to your chosen time slot before booking. I understand that the unexpected can happen though, so if you’re not able to make your arranged time, please let me know as soon as possible!